Schedule I, 4i

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Victoria Pelletiere

Victoria Pelletiere

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 July 2001 - 12:36 PM

I know that the determination of the 20% amount is as of the beginning of the year. When answering the question "Did the plan at any time hold 20% or more of its assets in any single security. . ." do I include holdings throughout the year? For example, I determine the 20% amount to be $100,000. On the first day, the plan owns $200,000 of IBM stock. During the year, the IBM stock is sold for $200,000, Exxon stock is purchased for $200,000, later sold for $200,000, and McDonald's stock is purchased for $200,000. Do I report $200,000 as of the beginning of the year or $600,000 for each security held during the year?
Thanks in advance for your help! :)

#2 dubya

dubya

• Registered
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 July 2001 - 07:21 AM

The 20% applies during the whole year. So, yes, if you determine the 20% amount to be $100,000, and at some point during the year, you have more than stock or other holding of $200,000, it is reported. I believe you will aggregate the amounts to report a dollar figure on line 4i. In your example, it would be $600,000.

FYI, if the holdings you described were due to participant self-direction, they do not apply to this question of the form.