Schedule of Assets - Sch H, Line 4i

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Alex Daisy

Alex Daisy

• Registered
  • 120 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 04:09 PM

Is it correct to say that Column (d) cost information for the Schedule of Assets (Held At End of Year) and the column © cost of acquisitions information for the Schedule of Assets (Acquired and Disposed of Within Year) may be omitted when reporting investments of an individual account plan that a participant or beneficiary directed with respect to assets allocated to his or her account (including a negative election authorized under the terms of the plan).

What is an "Individual Account Plan" ? Does a 401(k) Plan for one Corportaion qualify as a Individual Account Plan?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

ALEX

#2 Tom Poje

Tom Poje

• Sitewide Moderator
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 06:22 AM

the instructions for line 4i schedules (it is in italics as it is a note rather than actual instructions) says
'costs' "may be omitted when reporting investments of an individual account plan that a participant or beneficiary DIRECTED with respect to assets al;located to his or her account (including a negative election authorized under the terms of the plan)
emphasis is mine.
these instructions, if you don't have them are readily available - a simple google search should find the instruction for form 5500

bah. I must find a way to stop filing dead lines from coming