DB Exam

Anyone take the DB Exam lately? I'm considering doubling up during ASPPA's Fall Exam window and taking the DC-3 the first day of the window and the DB exam on the last. That would give me about 6 weeks to study for the DB. I don't really have any experience with DB plans but usually do well study and taking exams. I was just wondering if there were any big differences in the DB exam as compared to DC-1 & DC-2. It looks like the recommended reading for the DB exam is a 300+ page study guide and then a 1200+ DB reference guide. I'm guessing the reference guide would not have to be read completely but just read the areas the study guide outlines. Can anybody confirm that?

Thanks for any info.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TPA Guy

I would love to know the answer to this! I am in the same boat! Can anyone out there help us out??

You don't have to study the reference guide if you don't want to. You need to study the study guide and refer to the relevant sections of the reference guide(s)/recommended reading. The relevant sections may be different for different people. The final outcome depends on your experience, abilities, diligence, etc. It is however possible to pass the test without absorbing every jot and tittle in the reference material. Best wishes.

PensionPro, CPC, TGPC

in the past ASPPA had offered cram-session at the Annual conference - I don't see those on the list this year, though they do have the webcasts (which should be the same thing) if that is in the budget. The cram sessions got me through the CPC exams (or at least I think they helped)