ERPA Renewal confirmation?

In 2012, I received my renewal letter with card, dated 11/30. If my notes are correct, I submitted everything in May. I do recall something about the renewal submission period ending in June, but the enrollment expires Sept 30. I did make a mistake on mine causing a delay...I think you'll get something around Oct 1.

Ed Snyder

Thanks for the replies, guys. I decided to test the futility of calling the IRS, and I got pretty much the response I expected - after interacting briefly with a voice response system, a message informed me that they are currently having very heavy call volume regarding my subject of inquiry (I just called the ERPA number and selected the option indicating I don't know anyone's extension), and they cannot take my call right now. Then it said something kind of funny - "please try again on a different day." Then there was a dial tone. :)

I think I'll take Kevin's approach. My payment cleared, and I haven't been notified that I'm off the list, so I think I'll file this away under "resolved" and move on.

• 3 months later...

Where do you go to renew? This will be my first time renewing so...

Having braved the blizzard, I take a moment to contemplate the meaning of life. Should I really be riding in such cold? Why are my goggles covered with a thin layer of ice? Will this effect coverage testing?

QPA, QKA

I claimed I was going to blow this off, but I didn't. I've called the IRS ERPA line about a half dozen times in the last two months. Their responses have varied from "we're going to send you a card soon" to "we sent you a card last week" (each of three different weeks). Last time they told me they sent something on October 1, but I still haven't received it. I renewed in April, IIRC.