minimum distributions

Tom Poje

notes on running minimum distribution globally, and how to compare the results from the report I use with the standard (not crystal report) that is generated by Relius 70 1/2 distribution calculation. and notes on how to get that to pull the correct account balances if you ever wondered why it doesn't!

I use my own crystal report (which I have to update every year - mainly for certain dates that I have print)

this report is not intended for DB plans.

when you run this under report writer it will save a separate file for each plan that it finds a needed min distribution. depending on the size of you database I'd expect it to run about 1/2 - hour to produce and save reports, all in one spot.

of course, it is a use at your own risk, but I haven't encountered any problems (as I cross my fingers). generally we run this on a single plan basis each time we run a val, but what the heck, we are getting near the end of the year...

notes on how to run global report.doc

checking my report with relius report.doc

Min Distributions 2014.rpt

what I should have noted, this works well for calendar year plans - while this will pull the info on all plans, because the date range run is 1/1 - 12/31, the info pulled on non calendar year plans will be incorrect

(mainly because I originally wrote the report to be run on a single plan basis)

but someday maybe I will get time to make it work on a universal basis as well