Equivalent of Stock Sale in Church Plan?

dmb

I suppose the following could be analogous: merger of one non-profit into another; revision of governing documents to provide for new members or a new sole member. For what purpose(s) are you trying to draw an anology?

WE are not trying to do anything to the participants, this is kind of a third party question that came to my boss and he asked me to put it on BL message board. I think the premise of the question goes toward how service might be counted, along the lines of the old Same Desk rule and such.

WE are not trying to do anything to the participants, this is kind of a third party question that came to my boss and he asked me to put it on BL message board. I think the premise of the question goes toward how service might be counted, along the lines of the old Same Desk rule and such.

Couldn't you simply cover that idea by making sure any new plan has a provision that say any service for XYZ church will be counted as service for ABC church's plan?

I used to have a client that was a bank. They went on a buying spree in the '90s. They gave every bank they bought employee's credit for service at the old bank. Oddly when they bought an insurance agency they didn't give those employees any prior service. But it was all in the amendments so it was very clear.