termination of benefits with the slightest pretext

Guest celliott

Guest celliott

My Longterm Disability Co. uses any and every pretext to continue to deny my LTD benefits (wrong date to see IME). (I have received SSDI for years now.)

Is there any recourse, such as bad faith, or non-feasance? Thank you!

Insurance companies are not charitable organizations, they are in business to make money. One popular way to make money is to not pay claims. To do this they set up elaborate schemes with supposed deadlines and criteria which are difficult or impossible to meet.

If you have a problem, I advise that you immediately seek a lawyer who is experienced and successful in litigating such claims. Make sure that you check their track record in this specialized area. Successful lawyers in this speciality will consider contingency fees.

Do not try to do this yourself. I would also make sure that the DOI is brought into the picture ASAP.

George D. Burns

Cost Reduction Strategies

Burns and Associates, Inc

www.costreductionstrategies.com(under construction)

www.employeebenefitsstrategies.com(under construction)

Guest celliott

GBurns--thank you so much the advice, which I will follow. I'll keep y'all posted. (If I can do it anyone can.)

Janet

• 1 month later...

What happened? Did you resolve your problem? Share the news.

George D. Burns

Guest celliott

GBurns, Thank you! I just got LTD benefits! What may have done the trick, was that my IME is suing a notorious national company for disability benefits himself, and was profoundly angry at what he (and I) was going through. (I also, per your suggestions, let the company know that I had attorneys waiting, that I was in contact with DOI, was writing every State and Federal legislator, etc. The company may have figured it would look bad to fight their own appointed IME!)

Many thanks, and best wishes to all in this nasty situation. Being disabled is horrible, and not having money for rent, etc., is beyond the pale in this allegedly rich and caring country.

Thank you again.

Janet

I just love when it all comes together in a happy ending. Thanks for sharing with us.

Good luck and best wishes.

George D. Burns