410(b) Test (Statutory Excludable EEs)

Guest SDS

Anyone else run into problems with the 410(b) includable/excludable employee lists when checking the "statutory exclusions" box?

If an employee is excludable from 410(b) testing because of age or service, in my thinking they should show up on the normal excludable list not the list for the seperate test of statutory excludable employees as excludable. Too many "exclduables" here!! Let me try again....

To make the question simpler, I think that if you run the 410(b) test and test the statutory excludable employees separately you should only have 3 reports:

(1) Includable EE's

(2) Excludable EE's

(3) Includable EE's but Statutorily Excluded

Why would you ever have a fourth report of Excludable EE's who are Statutory Excludables.

My problem is that I have a fourth report!!

As an example, one EE who was hired 07/31/2000 is on report #2 and another employee hired on 07/31/2000 is on report #4. Same hours, relatively same age (30 and 33).

Any ideas?

logically what you say makes sense.

You did not indicate from your example if one of the ees was terminated with less than 500 hours. maybe that is how the system is making a difference? I am really guessing on that, but if everything else about the two people is the same, that might be the difference. since the ee never entered the plan, the term date won't show on the report.

Neither one of the EE's terminated. There are numerous examples of similar employees showing up on the two excluded reports. Relius just seems to be picking and choosing random people to put on the reports.

I will call support, hopefully I get one of the "seasoned" tech support reps that knows a little more about 410(B) than what their manual says.