Utilization of the education assistance program

Guest lembarry

Guest lembarry

I am working on bring to life a basically non-existent education assistance program (tuition reimbursement).

I am building models but the one ingredient I do not have is the percent of employee utilization. We have an education assistance program in place but the way it is written no one uses it or can use it. Over the last 3 years only 9 employees of the 2000+ employees that are eligible for the benefit have used the program.

What is the percent of utilization of the education assistance program at your company? Do you have plan in place that you are proud of and are will to share? I would like to hear from people in the retail industry but any information on utilization, no matter what industry would be helpful.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Susan Cunniff

We have very low usage - 7 to 10% - even though the plan is easy to use. I have personally used it and have found nothing to complain about... forms are on the website and include clear instructions, reimbursement comes fairly quickly after grades are submitted. It's a great benefit.