ALTERNATIVES TO HMO'S

Guest AJS

SINCE I AM IN BETWEEN JOBS, I AM LOOKING FOR THE MOST COST EFFICIENT WAY TO OBTAIN HEALTH INSURANCE. I HAVE READ ABOUT CATASTROPHIC HEALTH INSURANCE THAT HAS HIGH DEDUCTIBLES ($1,000 OR MORE) AND COVERS ONLY HOSPITAL AND SURGERY ETC.. SINCE WE ARE IN GOOD HEALTH,WITH NO PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS, THIS APPEALS TO US. I CANNOT FIND ANY MORE INFORMATION ON THIS SUBJECT.IF ANYONE HAS ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON THIS SUBJECT I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT.--THANK YOU

If it has not been too long since your last job, and if it provided group medical coverage, you may be eligible to continue that coverage (under COBRA) with your previous employer's plan. Ask, in writing, for COBRA rights.

Guest SLCraig

As well as your COBRA option, you might want to check with an independent insurance agent in your commmunity. They should be able to tell you which companies are most favorable for the area where you live. Different states have different regulations, and insurance companies may or may not choose to do business in your state. Good luck to you.