AOL with QT 6.5 Web

Guest mrosenstengel

Guest mrosenstengel

Does anyone have any experiece getting the web module to work for participants who use AOL as their browser? It worked when we were at 5.0 even though support said the web has never been compatible with AOL.

For the record, I don't use or like AOH*LL but my boss says I can't just tell people to get a real ISP. Yes, I know that it is possible to use a different browser with AOL. And I know that even downloading a browser will be beyond the technological skills of many of our participants.

Any other solutions or insight as to why Relius thought this was a good business move? If we would have known this would be an issue, we would have reconsidered upgrading to 6.0.

While not an expert on this subject I had problems using a version of Internet Explorer which had been cusomized by AOL for use on their site. (I don't use AOL, but that was the copy of Internet Explorer that was installed on my machine when I had a cable modem installed).

If I recall correctly it seemed that the Java Script did not act correctly using the AOL version. However, I feel the problem is with the customized version of IE since as soon as I updated to a true version of IE the problem did not occur again.

Perhaps you could write a little directional summary on how the participants could get a "true" version of IE from the Microsoft site and install it on their machine. It wasn't that hard to do.

As a side note, some of the participants using Netscape had problems accessing the WEB site. However, this was cleared up when we went to 6.0.