C-4 exam

Guest AndyL

I did. I thought that the questions were challenging. Hopefully, I answered enough correctly to pass, but as you know we'll find out in about 8weeks. My only concern was that I felt there wasn't enough time to go back and check calcs. I thought there may have been too many questions.

Guest AndyL

I agree. It was way too much material for 4 hours.

I especially had trouble with the 403b questions. I did not feel that the Study Guide and readings were detailed enough. I did not have the 403b answer book ("suggested reading"). Did you answer the 403b questions??

Guest AndyL

I answered the 403b and soc sec questions. I studied the 403b material (rather than the ESOP/lif ins) because I think there will be an increase in 403b plans in 2002. I find the ESOP rules very difficult and I did not see any increase in ESOPs in the future. I have not dealt with life insurance issues in DC plans in 3 or 4 years, so that's definitely on the decline.

I did the plan design questions very quickly (i.e. not enough time to finish), but I believe P/S, k sounds right. The only one that wasn't was the John Doe program question. I believe that was simply an explanation, not really a "plan design" issue, per se.

If you'd like, we can continue this off of Benefitslink.

Please check the online ASPA members listing for my e-mail. I believe the 2001 ASPA yearbook may have my old e-mail address. The company I work for was acquired in late January 2001.