"LEO" Plan??

Guest CJK

The plan sponsor is a law firm. Currently the law firm sponsors two qualified retirement plans, one for Senior Counsel and another for staff and associates. The plan sponsor indicated that this plan was "created" by PriceWaterhouseCoopers. Does anyone know anything about this so called "LEO" plan?

We have a client who sponsors a conventional DB plan and a SERP for whom PWC is the auditor.PWC created a plan called a QSERP - they may have even copyrighted the term. The QSERP (=Qualified SERP) grosses up the accrued benefits for certain HCEs,subject to 401(a)(4), over and above the benfits they get from from the regular DB plan.The HCE's SERP benefit is then reduced by the amount of the QSERP benefit,thus taking non-qualified money and making it qualified.Is this what you're talking about?

I do not believe that the "LEO" plan is the "QSERP." From what little I can tell the "LEO" plan is exclusively for law firms. I am working to get more information from the plan sponsor as to what was initially presented.