crosstesting tables

Guest 401kproman

Guest 401kproman

Does anyone know of a website where one can view the various actuarial tables used in cross-testing, such as UP84 8%?

You must be referring to a straight age-weighted uniform accrual rate type of profit sharing plan. These don't work in a large number of situations (mulitiple owners, receptionist aged 55, etc. etc.)

However, the "table" you are referring to can be generated by almost any commercial admin system. Use a GAM83 mortality table (post retirement only) and an 8.5% interest rate.

If you are talking about New-comparability / cross-tested plans with different rate groups, there is no "table" - the testing is much more convoluted than that...........................:(

Guest 401kproman

I guess I said it wrong. I am looking for a site where I can access the mortality table, such as GAM83 8.5%.

Try the Table Manager at the Society of Actuaries site:

http://www.soa.org/tablemgr/tablemgr.asp

If you know actuarial mathematics, you can construct just about any table from this data. The tables listed here will almost always be rates of death. Any actuary can "build" whatever table is needed from that information. If you have any trouble determining which is the table you need, just post. For example, read the qxtables.txt file, and you will see that there is more than one 1983 table.

I'm a retirement actuary. Nothing about my comments is intended or should be construed as investment, tax, legal or accounting advice. Occasionally, but not all the time, it might be reasonable to interpret my comments as actuarial or consulting advice.