Crystal Report Writer dropping a digit in the year. 2001 shows 201

R. Butler

We have upgraded to 7.0 (SP 2), standalone verison. On one of the stand alones Crystal Report Writer is dropping a digit from the year, 2001 prints 201. Does anyone know what causes this and how to correct it? Relius support has been pondering it for nearly a month and can't come up with anything.

What report(s) is it happening on? I have been on version 7.0 SP2 for a time now (stand alone) and haven't noticed that problem. The thing I was thinking was, maybe check the printer you are using, I had to switch my default printer from a LaserJet 4050 (which I actually have) to a LaserJet 4 so that when I print the Summary of Accounts, I'm not prompted to load paper every time. (That was getting to be a pain!!!). My thought is that your printer default might be causing the digit to drop?! Just a thought, and, if you let me know which reports, I will double check that I'm not having the problem on any of them. Don't know if it makes a difference, but I'm also still on Windows 98. Patti

I did check my reports and the dates are ok. One other thing; you probably knew this, but when you are in Crystal, remember to verify the database on the reports; when versions are upgraded some of the database items change, report date may be one, I'm not sure. I have a lot of custom reports, and I went through and did all of them individually to be sure that the database files were verified and updated. Good luck, I know it's frustrating when Support can't help!