ADP/ACP Testing

Archimage

Guest Tbrown

This does work to some extent. However, the problem lies in if you have people who are participants but never met the statuatory requirements. According to the regs, you can continue to exclude someone year after year if, for example, they only work 500 hours per year but are eligible to defer. I have discussed this with their support department and they agree that it is not doing it properly. An enhancement request is in, but I'm not sure how soon, or if, we will see that change.

Guest DottleC2

There were some issues with the calculation of the booster when using stat exclusions, also.

remember the following:

if you use otherwise excludable option, you also need to run your coverage in the same manner.

census element statutory exclusion can be used to override forever part time employees. hopefully its not many people.

there are no clear guidelines on what constitutes the 'otherwise excludable group'

Relius uses

1st day of plan year or 6 months after 1 year of service.

others would argue you also have to consider plan's entry dates.

I have even found one comment, supposedly from the person involved in the original regs things should be treated as if there are two entry dates (e.g. 1/1 and 7/1.)