How to locate TPAs that administer 457(b) gov't AND Top Hat 457(b) pla

Ellie Lowder

I am an independent consultant in the retirement plan markets for non-profit employers and am routinely being asked how to locate TPAs that administer 457(B) plans - preferably on a national basis.

Any clue where I can find that information?

Thank you much!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lavander30

I am not aware of any administrators that only provide the "recordkeeping" services for 457's (not to say that they do not exist...). However, there are several national companies that offer a bundled product...Nationwide, ICMA, BenefitsCorp, etc.

You can also check out the NAGDCA (National Assoc. of Gov't Deferred Compensation Administrators) website at www.nagdca.org

Good Luck!

Guest danwintz

The SilverStone Group in Omaha, Nebraska, is a national TPA for 457(B) and 457(f) arrangements. I believe they provide TPA services whether you purchase securities through them or not. Call Ginger Whetstone at (800) 288-5501.

Guest Tom Geer

I am available, in 457 only, to do full-service TPA work, other than daily recordkeeping. I also have plan docs available to allow purchase of investments whose providers don't support 457.

How to locate TPAs that administer 457(B) gov't AND Top Hat 457(B) plans?

Ms. Lowder said: "I am an independent consultant in the retirement plan markets for non-profit employers and am routinely being asked how to locate TPAs that administer 457(B) plans - preferably on a national basis."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe Ms. Lowder is looking for some form of national directory of TPAs that administer 457(B) government and Top Hat 457(B) Plans. I don't believe her post was intended to be an invitation to TPAs to promulgate their availability.

Joel, I am actually looking for TPAs that administer 457(B) plans, and am happy to get the specific names/responses that are being provided. Yep, I would like to have a national directory; however, have learned that this is difficult to obtain - no good source has surfaced.

Thank you for your comments; however, I do want to begin to compile a list for use in referring callers. I appreciate all of the info! I am amazed at how many queries I have been getting for those names!

And, I appreciate the Benefits Link Message Boards as a source of all types of information - thanks, Dave Baker!

Guest danwintz

Ellie,

I have no current connection with the SilverStone Group other than that most of my govermental and 501©(3) clients that have 457 plans use their TPA services and seem to be very satisfied. I do not know of any national directory of 457 plan service providers.

Dan

Guest Tom Geer

Joel, your point is well taken. Try the NAGDCA is the only resource I know of.

Unfortunately, Tom, they offer their list only for purchase. Since I am attempting to compile the names of 457 TPAs that do not sell product/investment options, as a courtsey to my callers (of which I have thousands), I had not planned to pay for a list. I do not plan to generate income from the information - e.g., it is done to be helpful, only.

Thus, I must begin to compile a list informally - and, I appreciate the help.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest STL Cards Fan

Try Citizens Bank & Trust - "403(B) Gatekeeper", they don't sell product and provide audit and on-going admin services direct and thru regional firms. Based in Maryville, MO 800-399-3023

Guest scottyd

Ellie,

When you are finished compiling the list, would you mind posting it for all of us to see and use?

It would be helpful to me.

Scott

• 3 months later...

You could try FasCorp. I believe they work with BenefitsCorp. Contact BenefitsCorp and they can give you the number for FasCorp. Hope that helps?