Another report issue...

Guest bdielman

Guest bdielman

We have a custom participant statment that we have been sending to clients for years. In one particular plan we have two participants with the same name (father and son). When we would print the report, they would come out as two separate participant statments. The last group of correct statements were sent to the client in January (12/31/01 val). After this point we installed sp7, sp8, and sp9.

Somehow when we print the same participant statment (was not altered in any way) it will combine the information for the two participants into one report. They are separate records in Quantech, so why would the report writer pull them into the same report, especially when it never did before? For the record we are on version 7.0 now and it will do the same thing. What was changed that would cause this to happen?

Did you remember to "verify database" on your custom reports in Report Writer? Even if you have "verify on every print" checked, I know that with Version 7.0, I had to go into each one of my custom reports and perform that function to update some of the database fields that were changed or modified with the new version. If you haven't done that, you may want to try and then rerun. Hope this helps. - Patti

you did not indicate if you download the info into the system.

for example, lets say previously you had a middle initial which was different on the people in question. but your most recent download wiped out the middle initial. now it is entirely possible for the data to get discombobulated on the reports.

I know, because when I first started customizing reports I would have an ee with the same name disappear.

The problem was resolved by making sure SSN was in the sort.

Ugh, Patti. You mean I will have to verify all my reports again. I hate that.

Yes Tom - you have to verify again for version 7.0 :( ! So much for me being proud of myself for designing so many of them to suit my needs! Maybe some day Relius and Crystal will develop a way to reverify in groups. Oh well, such is life....