What rights do I have as an employee concerning health coverage?

Guest Roxee9508

Guest Roxee9508

Itook a teaching position and our deal was that we would both pay half concerning our health coverage. My half has been taken directly out of my check. Unfortunately my employer did not send any of the money in and our policy was cancelled due to non-payment of fees. In this time, I thought I had coverage and have accrued dr. bills that the school says they are not liable to pay. What can i do? I need HELP!!!

This doesn't sound like all of the information is here.

1. Did the school not pay the premiums for all employees and the group policy was canceled?

2. I assum the school is big enough not to have to buy individual health policies?????

3. If it is a group policy and they failed to report you to the group insurer they should be able to resolve this with the carrier, because clerical errors usually do not prevent a person from getting coverage that they are entitled to.

Give us more information please.

Guest Roxee9508

The school did not pay the premiums for all their employees and we were cancelled as a group. They did reimburse us for the money that we put in from our checks but that does not correct the problem of never having insurance. A co-worker had a baby with no insurance and the principal said she will not pay for OUR bills. I work at a charter school.