Crystal formula question

pmacduff

I have created a Crystal formula variable that looks at Category Code and status date so that term dates will print on my Employee status report pages for all terminees but not for participants with status dates for other reasons. (I did this because termination dates do not update to that data field until the end of the plan year, so all current term dates were not printing on my status pages). In any event, I named the formula field @termdate, but my problem is that when I want to insert that field into another report, I don't see it listed as a formula option in the new report. HELP! I'm on Relius version 7.3 & Crystal 8.5. Any help is appreciated.

As usual - I have discovered how to do something within minutes of posting or sending questions to Relius support! In any event, for those who might have wondered...I simply opened the report with the formula I wanted and opened the new report. I then simply copied the formula field from the old report to the new report. It was easy. :)

Guest DottleC2

Did you use Edit Copy/ Paste Special (As Cystal R Object)?

Then edit the formula and check for errors ( the fields that you want to use in your formula will need to be in the new report.)

It sounds like you may have resolved the question. Are there more than one eligibility transactions being run for a single plan year? Does planee.termdate not work for you on the census?

Regards,

Bill

Hi Bill - Thanks - I did get it to work by cutting & pasting & adding it to the new report as you mention. Many of my plans are combos with 401(k) & profit sharing, so I do a minimum of two vals per year (and some quarterly) and most have more than one entry date. Since the term dates are not in the ee census file until the end of the plan year, I resorted to using the status dates instead and I simply limit who the report chooses by status code & category. It seems to work well for what I need. Thanks again for your thoughts. Patti