Sign in to follow this  
Dave Baker

Did you know that Google can do this?

Fredman,

Please tell me how you go about adding a link like that to the board. I cna do it in word, but can't figure out how to do it here

Thanks

Jane

if you want to keep your email address private (which can be a challenge), then i suggest setting up a bogus email account at yahoo or something similar and then use that email address when providing info to google.

i have an email account at excite.com that fills up with junk on a weeky basis. i just go in and wipe it out so that i can continue to use to when "signing up" for a websites. when i want to receive email from a site, then i'll use my "real" email addy.

for example, i like benefitslink, so i'll use my real email addy, but on the other hand i'm a little suspicious of freeerisa.com so i'll use my fakie.

Originally posted by jane123

Fredman,

Please tell me how you go about adding a link like that to the board. I cna do it in word, but can't figure out how to do it here

Thanks

Jane

The easiest way is to make sure that "vB Code" is turned on in the message board in which you want to post (see the "Forum Rules" box at the lower left part of this page; this is controlled by the message board's moderator). Then, when replying to a message, click on the button that's labeled "http://" and it'll ask you for the words you want linked (for example, click here, and the web address. It will then put the necessary code in your message.

Otherwise, you can type in the vB Code manually, like this:

click here

Or, if you just type the URL in your message, the message board software automatically makes the URL into a clickable link to that URL -- such as the http://wherever.com/pagename.html I made up in my example.