Administration Software

Guest Pensions in Paradise

Guest Pensions in Paradise

We currently use ASC for administration and are considering switching. We would appreciate any comments/suggestions regarding other administration software, especially Relius. We don't do daily valuations, so that is not an issue.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a Relius Admin user, and am pleased with the functionality and support. It's much improved over a few years ago. If you do cross-tested plans, one drawback is that it doesn't do cross-tested calculations, and the separate Relius Proposal software isn't sophisticated enough. However, they are supposed be integrating the two systems, and it should be functional then.

Also, many of the built-in reports are lacking, and it takes a lot of technical knowledge to modify or design them in Crystal Reports. This flexibility can also be an advantage though.

Feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Andrew, ERPA, CPC, APA, QPA

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Carol Ringwald

Can I ask why you want to change from the ASC system? I'm just curious since that system is typically a lower-cost option for balance forward users...

• 4 weeks later...

As a TPA who first used ASC, then used "Relius" I am HAPPY to say I am using ASC again. In my opinion, Relius is very labor intensive. Our department's productivity dramatically improved when we moved from Relius to ASC. From a compliance testing standpoint, Relius doesn't come close to ASC. When I used it, you couldn't even include matching forfeitures in your ACP test without manipulating the match numbers to include forfeitures. ASC isn't perfect but I would take it anyday over Relius. One more thing to consider, if you are a small shop, your tech guy is going to hate Relius. I also love the fact that ASC is located on the westcoast. It gets old not having tech support after 2:00 in the afternoon.