Jump to content

Tribal 40l(k) plan needs bond?


Recommended Posts

We have an Indian Tribal Plan in New Mexico we do the admin for. We consider it a governmental plan exempt form 5500 reporting. We are putting together an SAR for general information purposes only. My question now is the bonding issue. Do they need to obtain a bond? I review other threads and it said check with the state and an address was given via the computer; however, all I found out there were the asset size of the State's retirement plan. I think I missed something(?).

Anyone deal with tribal accounts and know. Even if it is not required, any thoughts about recommending one?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Create New...