70.5 Required Distributions

Guest Jhagan

Guest Jhagan

Looking for a quick reference on the details of the 70½ required distribution laws. Any suggestions?

[This message has been edited by CVCalhoun (edited 08-12-1999).]

Assume you mean the federal law. That is contained in IRC 401(a)(9). Not sure if there are any additional state laws that are applicable.

This website has a link to the Internal Revenue Code. Try: http://www.benefitslink.com/library/Internal_Revenue_Code/

Also, look for a link to the IRS regs. Try: http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/cfr-table-search.html

If these hyperlinks don't work, go to benefitslink.com/whatsnew.shtml, and start browsing.

Also, do a search from the main Message Board menu for such terms as "minimum required distribution" or "70-1/2", etc.

[This message has been edited by CVCalhoun (edited 08-12-1999).]

I'm a retirement actuary. Nothing about my comments is intended or should be construed as investment, tax, legal or accounting advice. Occasionally, but not all the time, it might be reasonable to interpret my comments as actuarial or consulting advice.

One more thought: you might want to search BenefitsLink itself, not just the message boards. Here's the link to the BenefitsLink search page.

----------------------------------

Employee benefits legal resource site

[This message has been edited by CVCalhoun (edited 08-13-1999).]

Employee benefits legal resource site

The opinions of my postings are my own and do not necessarily represent my law firm's position, strategies, or opinions. The contents of my postings are offered for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. A visit to this board or an exchange of information through this board does not create an attorney-client relationship. You should consult directly with an attorney for individual advice regarding your particular situation. I am not your lawyer under any circumstances.