DB Plan Payout Based on Life Expectancy

jlf

Dear Ms. Calhoun: Do you know of any governmental DB plans that offer distribution options based upon ANNUITIZATION FOR LIFE EXPECTANCY (RATHER THAN FOR LIFE) with full earnings participation on the invested reserves?

Thanks, JOEL L. FRANK

------------------

Well, I'm not sure I'm the one to answer this. However, I modified your subject line, in hopes that perhaps someone else will see and answer it.

-----------------------------------------

Employee benefits legal resource site

Employee benefits legal resource site

The opinions of my postings are my own and do not necessarily represent my law firm's position, strategies, or opinions. The contents of my postings are offered for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. A visit to this board or an exchange of information through this board does not create an attorney-client relationship. You should consult directly with an attorney for individual advice regarding your particular situation. I am not your lawyer under any circumstances.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Brent Rowell

I am aware of some that offer "lump sum equivalent". I'm hard put to think of an actuarial justification for offering "life equivalent" .... think it would invalidate actuarial assumptions etc. I am aware that an option like this would help some employees however that help would come out of the group's benefits .... i.e. it would hurt the retiree who really does make it to 100+ (about as lousy a public policy as I can think of)

------------------

Brent