Actuary Job Description

Guest guyspat

Guest guyspat

Could somebody please send me a sample job description for an actuary (preferably Fellow, but could be Associate) that would approximately match the needs of a large (i.e. 25,000+ covered employees) MEWA. Please do not send resumes at this time as we need to finalize the job description before posting the position.

Thanks,

Guy Patterson

Acting Chief Operating Officer

Builder Services, Inc.

I'm a retirement actuary. Nothing about my comments is intended or should be construed as investment, tax, legal or accounting advice. Occasionally, but not all the time, it might be reasonable to interpret my comments as actuarial or consulting advice.

A search at www.google.com for, "job description" Actuary, brings up what should be quite useful to you although you will have to go through about 30 to find sufficient info with which to put together your own.

George D. Burns

Cost Reduction Strategies

Burns and Associates, Inc

www.costreductionstrategies.com(under construction)

www.employeebenefitsstrategies.com(under construction)

Here's a definition of an actuary that may help.

An actuary is a person who passes as an expert on the basis of his prolific ability to produce an infinite variety of incomprehensible figures calculated with micrometric precision from the vaguest of assumptions based on debatable and problematical evidence from inconclusive data derived by persons of doubtful reliability and questionable mentality for the avowed purpose of annoying, confusing, and confounding a hopelessly befuddled group of key personnel who never read the statistics anyway.

Kirk Maldonado