Chart of 403(b) plan limits available online

Guest CVCalhoun

Guest CVCalhoun

For anyone who is interested, I've just added a handy chart of maximum limits subject to inflation indexing to my employee benefits legal resource site. Among other things, the chart shows limits under sections 403(B) and 415 for 1998, 1997, and 1996. It also gives limits for other plans, including 401(k), 457, and SIMPLE plans, as well as the Social Security wage base and Social Security and Medicare tax rates.

[Note: This message was edited by CVCalhoun]

• 3 weeks later...

I think you’ve been doing a fabulous job moderating the message boards. The State Retirement System site you put together has been extremely helpful. We have 403(B) software which does MEA (maximum exclusion allowance) calculations and each year I need to update all the different state retirement plans. Thank You!!!

Guest CVCalhoun

Thanks! redface.gif In case anyone else is interested in using the list of state retirement system Web sites for similar purposes, it can be reached by clicking here.

Actually, I am truly impressed that someone is doing MEA software sophisticated enough to take into account benefits under all the state plans. A lot of the annuity and mutual fund companies we have seen have software which allegedly calculates MEA limits--but requires employees to determine and insert their projected benefits under all defined benefit plans. I've always wondered just how many employees are really doing this accurately.

As to this board, I've been enjoying myself immensely. Having used message boards in my personal life for years, and designed Web pages as a hobby for the past several months, I'm sort of putting together the personal and professional sides of my life, in a way I find lots of fun.

Of course, there is an argument to be made that enjoying anything to do with ERISA is a symptom of poor mental health--but then again, I never claimed to be sane! wink.gif

[Note: This message was edited by CVCalhoun]