Sign in to follow this  
AndyH

Now accepting Nominations for best Benefit Boards user names

CS - periods in I.R.S should be italicized.

Blinky is busy on anther thread - we should invite him over to see how popular he is

Guest CitationSquirrel

Janet: Just to set the record straight for those who might not have followed my strange sense of humor, the only form of punctuation that cannot be italicized is the period.

This discussion is contained under the "Life Beyond Employee Benefits" portion of the board ... Maybe Blinky is stuck in the lake of employee benefits and can't get out.

Guest dubya

I nominate for best Star Trek knock-off name.....RDaestrom. For those trekkers needing a cite, think back to the M-5 episode.

Well, I'm a borderline trekker, and I remember M-5 but not our nominee. I've only seen the M-5 episode 20 times or so and not in a few years so I'm probably only a low level trekker.

Live long and prosper.

Guest dubya

You're right, the spelling is different, so I guess its not a ST reference. Better check if there are any other legit trek user names out there :)

Guest rmg

I think I have the saddest addiction. I have been doing the stay at home thing for almost 5 years - 5 YEARS!!!! - and I still read ALMOST EVERY DAY! Of course, I don't post b/c I'm no longer current but ohmygosh, this isn't the only work-related (work for money, not what I've been doing) place that I frequent. HOW SAD IS THAT?! And I have no intention of going back to work for at least another year and even then only part time!!! Help, I am addicted to employee benefits and related law! (btw, my husband can describe what I did pretty well - kudos to him). Also btw, my initials are not for my name, they stand for "Rocky Mountain Girl" (I don't live anywhere near mountains anymore - do I need help for that too?)

Guest CitationSquirrel

rmg, stay where you are and don't panic. DON'T PANIC!!! Help will be arriving soon.

Of course, "soon" will depend on the exact definition in the plan document and how much help you receive is actuarially determined and may vary depending on the interest rate and life expectancy used.

OH, THE HUMANITY OF IT!!!

(I should get an Oscar for this.) :lol:

rmg,

There was going to be a twelve step program under the auspices of AA (Actuaries Anonymous) but the interest assumption was determined to be zero.

New member announcement ---member by the name of " No Name". What do you think? Nomination worthy?

I nominate the boards newest member -

erisamelissa

It just sort of rolls off the tongue.

Guest quinn the car fixer

it was plagiarized from jim rome's radio show

Guest quinn the car fixer

no, that would just be funny.

for the serious clones, how about "ERISANTHAL"

Okay, I finally got to read this entire thread and LOVED the Simpsons reference. But my favorite Simpsons name is when Homer changed Marge's name to "Hooty McBoobity", when he changed his back from Max Powers.

Appleby, you're officially a Pension Geek. (By the way, I do have a bumper sticker on my car. It's one of those black-and-white ovals that you see so often, with the letters "RSN" -- Red Sox Nation. Kinda cool, don't you think?)