What to do with old ERISA Outline Books?

Guest dubya

Guest dubya

Does anyone have any creative ideas on what to do with the ERISA Outline Book (EOB) once the new edition arrives each year? We order new sets every year and have a nice backlog of older editions sitting around. They really take up too much room to hold onto "just in case", and yet it seems really wasteful to just toss them into the dumpster once January arrives. I guess this applies to all annually updated reference material, but the EOB is so big that space is the biggest problem with older editions. I was curious as to what everyone else does?

• 1 year later...
Guest ElizabethMae

Donate them to me! I'm currently helping a nonprofit pension plan reorganize its administration (401k, multiple employer, defined contribution) and the group could really use reasonably up-to-date reference materials. I can't afford to buy the books for the group but I'd gladly pay the shipping!

Guest Pensions in Paradise

Keep one old set in your car and one set at home. That way you'll never be without your EOB.

Keep one old set in your car and one set at home. That way you'll never be without your EOB.

Personally, I keep one set epoxied to my forehead. I can always look up, any time of day or night, and know that ERISA is nearby.

Lori Friedman