Preparing for DC-2 exam

Guest PensionAdministrator

:unsure: I am beginning to study for the DC-2 exam. I have a copy of the 2004 Study Guide and have a question about the Practical Example of Concepts Learned in Chapter 2. Particularly, page 40 - Nonelective component, number 2 "Number of Employees who do not satisfy age/service as of 1/1/03 or 7/1/03". I think the employees would be HCE4, NHCE4, NHCE5 and NHCE6. The example does not include one of these NHC. What am I missing??

Any assistance would be helpful. Thanks!

Mr. Poje - Thanks for the guidance.

Anyone else preparing for this exam??

good luck to the bunch.

For those taking the exams in Dec, if at all possible, I would consider attending the ASPA coference in Wash. DC at the end of October.

If you are not aware - the last few years they have had 'cram' sessions - somethink like 4 75 minute sessions on each of the different tests. I would assume the same thing this year.

very helpful. they got me by c-3 and c-4. excellent handouts, etc. And, at least in the past, these session are given the day before the actual conference, so you don't miss out on anything.

(I'd agree, never seems to be enough time to study! )

Note, the DC-1, DC-2, and DC-3, C2-(DB) exam window for the fall is November 1-30. C-3 and C-4 are still in early December.

The review classes at the ASPA Summer Conference are scheduled for the Sunday before the conference begins (4 75 minutes sessions each 8:30-2:45). For $155 you can attend these review sessions if you are not attending the entire conference. My guess is this schedule will be similar for the Annual Conference in October.

Stephen - everything I have read indicates that the fall testing window for the C-2 is November 1st through December 15th. Have I missed something?