2005 Dependent Care Account Maximums

Guest Cgross

Guest Cgross

Has anyone heard if the amounts allowed to be contributed to Dependent Care Accounts are going to change for 2005? Are they expected to stay at $5000/$2500?

Guest JerseyGirl

I believe it's still a little too early in the year for that--IF a change is made, it most likely won't be made public until Novemeber or December.

Why do you think they will change? The numbers are hard-wired into Section 129(a)(2)(A). There is no provision for an automatic increase.

It would take new legislation from Congress to change the numbers. Nothing in the pipeline that I am aware of to do that.

Guest okiedokie

I haven't heard of anything regarding the change in amount for Dependent Care. However, I read an article that was in the Benefitslink Newsletter on June 25, 2004 that referred to The House passing a bill that would allow unspent Depenent Care money upto $500.00 for a plan year to be rolled over to the next year. The article came from AccountingWEB.com (on June 23, 2004). title: House Passes Bill Allowing More Child Care Savings. Has anyone else heard or read this and could provide more information?