Sign in to follow this  
Lori Friedman

What's your background?

Let's see, awards time:

stephen hits a two run homer over everything (but why don't those stories mention me?)

Lori earns an A for remembering "Green Death" but drops a couple of pegs by putting the awesome gansett tast down-actually I'm not kidding-it was good.

Tom wins a free jump in the 6' x 8' Express swimming pool followed by a continental breakfast with a bloody mary and decaf coffee.

WDIK definitely wins archivist of the year-awesome collection-and you even caught the "deemed safe habor" discussion!

mutliple people tie for crossdresser of the year

but the MVP is reserved for he/she/it that can connect the dots with a picture of me sluggin down a "Gansett" in one gulp then crunching the can just before I got eaten in Jaws. I cannot find such a picture although there are dozens of text references to it on the net.

but the MVP is reserved for he/she/it that can connect the dots with a picture of me sluggin down a "Gansett" in one gulp then crunching the can just before I got eaten in Jaws. I cannot find such a picture although there are dozens of text references to it on the net.

This is the best I can do.

post-88-1128022395_thumb.jpg

As far as I can tell there is a series of comics in some country way across the water featuring a beer guzzling bartender with some familar sounding name.

supposedly very popular. so they named a few beers after him. doubt it is still made, though if anyone ever finds some of the stuff I would love to have a bottle just to sit on the shelf. well, my brother was fascinated by the whole thing, but as far as he can tell the silly stuff isn't made any more.

stephen: I am sure of this, the beer itself isn't free.

Boy did we get off topic.

But I guess that's our nature.

Started in LA in the Bank/S&L industry before S&Ls had trust powers. Pre-ERISA

Moved up and down the Coast then to Philadelphia and then Denver.

Every major move a child then figured it out and am staying put.

5 kids ages 12 - 24 b g b g b

Am responsible for 1987 Whittier Narrows earth quake epicenter under my employer's computer center. ( Long story for another time)

Actuary for a 'really long time' (over 25). I have been told that I am extroverted meaning that I will look at your shoes when talking to you :rolleyes: . I worked in the private sector for a large consulting firm (actually a CPA firm), then a small consulting firm (a lot more fun) and now a software firm.

jevd, that has got to be interesting story. Hmmmm earthquake epicenter......

You still in Denver?

I am a former High School and Elementary School math teacher. I have worked in the employee benefits field for over 10 years. My career has been with TPA's (NC, VA and now IN).

Teams I root for:

NFL: Vikings; MLB: Braves (since the Dale Murphy and Bob Horner days), NCAA: NC State (Alumnus); NBA and NHL: they don't much matter until their respective playoffs (which last too long- I will never understand why a 7 game series can last for two weeks but that is another story for another day)

OK Lori- you started this thread and have yet to give your background.

OK

Long story made somewhat shorter.

At a benefits seminar in the Palm Springs area in September/Oct of '87 a certain instructor got lost his hat on a mountain top & made us wait for the last tram to bring him back to the hotel.

We decided to play a practical joke as we knew he was from the east coadt and was a little nervous about quakes.

Being the instigator of the plan I was elected to tie a string to a chandelier prior to class that someone would pull at a designated time while the rest of us shook the table to rattle the water glasses.

While standing on a chair and reaching for the chandelier, it started shaking by itself and the floor started to shake.

Perfect.We'll have an aftershock.

I'm a believer but I didn't know I had that much pull with the man upstairs.

It turns out the epicenter was under my employers computer center in the L A area. When the story got out, I received a call from a V, P. who asked me if I was going to write a check for the deductible.

$ 20 very big ones.

This is not a made up story. I have very credible witnesses still in the industry.

Yes. I'm still in the Denver area and I'm not resp[onsible for the latest quake near here or the Christmas Day '96 when I was here.

And believe it or not there was one in Philadelphia area during my time 88- 90 in that city.

Maybe I should change my name for the boards. Any suggestions??

I'm an attorney who practiced law for a few years before spending the last 16 working for an employee benefits consulting firm. I was a computer programmer before law school. Married and have raised two amazing daughters.

Guest quinn the car fixer

i've been a clone for 9 years. hope to get my '87 IROC fixed and running(b/c i am from rochester) and move out of my parent's basement by next summer.

Guest beccafaith

Thank you for the all the posts. I got a good laugh out of them. Most of these threads get pretty boring, but this one never does :P

I liked s-cubed

Epicenter not bad either.

Thanks for the suggestions

HMMM, is that a question or statement.

I still contemplate changing my name to Murphy sometimes.