What has happened to Mike Preston?

Andy, I would say that we esteemed citizens of Red Sox Nation divide the country into 2 territories: "us" (i.e. enlightened souls) and "them" (i.e. those who don't know any better).

Lori Friedman

I am amazed at the number of Red Sox fans here on the boards. Is it something in the water in Boston that breeds such faithful fans? Living north of Boston on the ocean and a Red Sox fan for life I can hardly remember my past baseball loyalties growing up in Pennsylvania (Pittsburgh and Philly). We are due for a world series victory in Boston!!!

Its not easy being green

have to ask... anyone see that Sox game Tuesday night? Baltimore at bat, top of the 9th, 2 outs, 2 stikes, one man on, Sox lead one to zip and the batter hits a home run.... clean over the monster! OUCH!

Then bottom of the 9th, 2 outs, 2 men on, Bellhorne hits a single into the gap between center and right field... Sox win!!!.... wow, what a finish!!! and to think I almost turned it off.

Its not easy being green

AAAAIIIIIEEEEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a retirement actuary. Nothing about my comments is intended or should be construed as investment, tax, legal or accounting advice. Occasionally, but not all the time, it might be reasonable to interpret my comments as actuarial or consulting advice.

PATA, Isn't it annoying to watch a pitcher blow a save and then get rewarded with a win? Curt Schilling pitched 8 brilliant shutout innings (3 hits, 14 Ks, and 1 BB) but got wiped off the record books. Foulke blows the save but then gets credited with a win.

Hey, Brian Gallagher...Didn't you mention that you'd be going to the September 17th game? I hope you could stay through the rainouts and see that magnificant ending.

This weekend, The Evil Empire will be in OUR HOUSE!

Lori Friedman

You are so right Lori.... Schilling pitched a fabulous game.

What ANOTHER exciting game last night! Cabrera with the walk off homer over the monster in extra innings!!! Now if we could get Veritek to hit .... bring on the Yankees!

Foulke .... sheesh.. almost blew it again!

Its not easy being green

PATA, Over and over again, we're finding out just how much Orlando Cabrera contributes to the team. But, can you believe that Keith Foulke had 2 blown saves in 2 nights?!?! He's generally so reliable and has been a great acquisition for the Sox.

So, Mr. Derek Lowe's back on the mound tonight, vs. the Orioles' very talented Daniel Cabrera. Let's hope we don't get a repeat of Lowe's performance from this past Saturday... (It was a very bad sign when his first 2 warmup pitches went flying all the way to the backstop.)

The Evil Empire will soon arrive at Sacred Ground.

Lori Friedman

well... went to the Pub for dinner... watched Lowe pitch ... doesn't look good. Hope the end of the game is better! Cabrera was a great trade for Garciapara.... As far as I am concerned, Garciapara was damaged.. a great guy, but lets face it, it is a business... and we need players who can play.

Its not easy being green

• 10 months later...

Somebody should have alerted me to this thread!

Sorry for the disappearing act, but things have just been really, really busy lately.

Mary Kay, my residence is now 160 miles north of San Ramon, but the business is still located in San Ramon (it is a long story, and not particularly appropriate for this Forum).

So, while definitely in Baja, Oregon, it is safe to say that I'm physically located in (very) Northern California.

OK, you can get back to discussing the Red Sox now. :shades: