Anybody want to talk about the Red Sox?

Has anyone even thought of the possibility that the Red Sox could lose 4 straight to the Cardinals? If that would happen, you would hear so much about the curse still being alive the Red Sox nation would never recover. Believe me, I am rooting for the Red Sox to win, but that definitely would be a cruel fate to endure (especially after the Red Sox just came back against the Yanks to become the first team in MLB to accomplish this feat). Boston needs to close this Series out tonight and not allow St. Louis any reason to think they can come back like the Bosox did in the ALCS.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that the ball starts rolling down the other side of the hill if we do not win tonight, if for no other reason than our pitching gets shaky, Wakefield, ?????, then Pedro on short rest.

But, if the worst case happened, it would be a different curse, something more like the goat curse. The Babe's been exorcized. Maybe it would be the pitchfork curse, or the Beer curse. Not the Bambino though.

Actually it would be Sunday night so it would be the Halloween curse. Just don't let Mike Myers pitch, whatever happens!

Maybe she is in St. Louis trying to scalp a ticket to history. Another record could be broken for the longest winning streak in playoff history, 8 straight games. If they do it this team will be the talk of sports for a while.

Did you hear... Theo Epstein chartered a plane and took the Fenway ticket takers and other park employees down to St. Louis to see the game.

Its not easy being green

The Yankees won at least 8 straight payoff games measured over parts of 98 and 99. Sorry, I cannot find the exact number.

I'm a retirement actuary. Nothing about my comments is intended or should be construed as investment, tax, legal or accounting advice. Occasionally, but not all the time, it might be reasonable to interpret my comments as actuarial or consulting advice.

Epstein chartered a plane and took the Fenway ticket takers and other park employees down to St. Louis to see the game.

I always wondered what happened to Epstein. I wonder what Freddie "Boom-Boom" Washington is doing these days.

I'm rooting for the red team.

Another showing dominated by the Redsox. D-Lowe showed up and pitched 7 shutout innings. Manny is MVP.... but as Francona said, they were all MVPs. I think we new it from the 4th pitch of the game that these idiots came to win the World Series!

St. Louis fans were wonderful, lets not take anything away from them. The best in the National League. Every time their big bats came to the plate I thought "this is the inning they are gonna be on the board and overcome us". I think pitching was the key.

I wanted to add that I just heard that the St. Louis club let all (or some) of the Redsox fans outside the park in to see their team win. Wow... that is class.

Its not easy being green

Red Sox Nation. The combination of paranoia and pompous.

I'm a retirement actuary. Nothing about my comments is intended or should be construed as investment, tax, legal or accounting advice. Occasionally, but not all the time, it might be reasonable to interpret my comments as actuarial or consulting advice.

Here Here !

How can the Redsox be called pompous... The team worked hard to accomplish what was considered impossible, overcame huge odds to come back from being down 3 games to beat the "pompous" Yankees. The Cards series was just that, a new series, no looking down on anyone.

Its not easy being green

Guest clyde14

the joy will be next season-opening day at fenway vs the Yankees. raising the championship banner in front of jeter and arod will be redeeming.

already planning to get tickets for that day....

OK, pax might have overstated it a little ibt.

But to an objective(?) third party, now that the Curse of the Bambino is over, the Red Sox have moved from the hapless loser category with the Cubs to the overspending to ruin baseball category with the Yankees.

RCK

True, but what else are you going to do if you are in the same division as the evil empire and you have not won in 86 years? Now, reign in everybody's spending (yeah, right). Gotta love those labor unions for people making millions. Why is that legal? Because of the antitrust exemption? How about doing away with that as well?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...