Sign in to follow this  
Tom Poje

other baseball facts

Roger Clemens helped the American League get home field advantage (via the All Star Game appearence) for the World Series. Maybe he is still a Red Sox at heart.

Yankees payroll since 2000 : 630 million

# of world series won : 0

You mean the creators of the "post season disappearing offense?" I've been rooting for the Braves in the NL since the days of Dale Murphy and Bob Horner. I have to wonder at the limits of my masochism - Braves and Red Sox. There's a combination guaranteed to break your heart. But hey, at least they won ONE series in the 90's.

And maybe the Sox will do it this year...

Being a member of the Redsox Nation I am surely hoping for a World Series Championship hat. But, you never know what will happen after watching the Sox/Yankees series.

Also, this bunch of Idiots had better stop making errors if they dont want to have their team emblem replace the Yankees as the international symbol for choking.

Not being a diehard baseball fan, am I to understand that the Cardinals bats are pretty quiet?

Not being a diehard baseball fan, am I to understand that the Cardinals bats are pretty quiet?

I am a Reds fan. The Cardinals beat us about 100 times this year. Their bats are anything, but quiet. The top 5 hitters in that line-up are as good as any baseball. I suspect the series isn't quite over yet. The Cardinals bat should heat up & also no DH in St. Louis. Admittedly I don't watch much American League ball, but I can't imagine Ortiz playing anywhere other than 1st base, that means the Sox lose Millar. That may hurt.

What I meant was that their bats are quiet NOW... and we (Redsox fans) should hope they dont heat up!

I am not saying the series is over either. Listening to baseball talk on the toob and radio here in Bean-town I have heard that if we at least take one in St. Louis it will be a successful 3 games. Of course the best scenario is for Boston to take 2 and be done! Going all the way to the 7th game would not be good for the city of Boston, win or lose. A happy or disgruntled mob in boston on Halloween night... hmmm

PATA - wow, that is a scary thought! I never even made that connection. I'd like to see someone like Bill Cosby, who is very good at exposing the stupidities of certain behavior, do something with some of the idiot sports fans. "My team just won. I'm so happy, that to demonstrate my happiness, I'm going to vandalize property, burn cars, and houses." I say take 'em to the top of the Bunker Hill Monument and throw them off.

I just want to get some sleep! So for that reason, as well as O'Toole's corollary to Murphy's First Law (O'Toole states that Murphy was an optimist) as well as the fearsome scenario you just raised, I sincerely hope that the series doesn't come back to Beantown.

Belgarath, according to my clock you posted at 11:29 this morning that you needed some sleep. I'm just reading this, at 1:30. At about 11:30 I had the need to take an early lunch and I fell asleep in my car (not driving , thankfully) for about 25 minutes. Feel much better now.

Highly recommended to all of Red Sox Nation. We'll all be zonked out on Wednesday, Thursday, and if necessary, Friday!

Andy - you have no idea how funny it is that you should mention that. I skipped out at lunch to buy my wife some flowers. After fastening my seatbelt in the parking lot, I leaned back against the headrest and closed my eyes to enjoy the smell for a couple of seconds - and woke up 15 minutes later.

Some people dont consider consiquences. I heard that the car that was set afire was due to the fact that a Jeeter shirt was seen in the back seat.

And of course that poor girl that was killed.... beyond tragic. You would think that people would just enjoy the game and have some good clean fun if they won (and walk home dejected if they lost).

A friend took his son to the game last night. I asked if he stayed late. He told me he did to simply take it all in. That it was surreal.

You guys could avoid all these problems with celebrations if you would just join me in supporting the Braves.

Or you could support the hapless Pirates who have not even had a winning season since losing to the Braves in games six and seven of the 1991 NLCS.

The 1992 Series 7th game would be more memorable and more misery for the Pirates.

GAME 7 AT Atlanta, October 14th, 1992

PIT 100 001 000 2 7 1

ATL 000 000 003 3 7 0

Pitchers PIT - DRABEK, Belinda (9)

ATL - Smoltz, Stanton (7), Smith (7), Avery (7), REARDON (9)

Attendance 51,975

Sadly whichever of this years teams wins the World Series they will have the same number of Championships since as the Braves (since their current streak began) have even though the Braves have won their division every year since then. (Sorry Pax, but that's the way it is...)

I was born in Pitt and was a long term Pirates fan.... but then that was back when the likes of Willie Stargell, Roberto Clamente, and Manny Sanguillen were on the team. Since moving to Boston in '72 and now being here for 34 years, I am a true Redsox fan.

Game tonight. Will be interesting to see a Redsox pitcher hit and run (or at least try)

Guest lhinson

Could be worse... You could be a Brewers fan, like me.

Could be worse... You could be a Brewers fan, like me.

I am sorry. Thats even worse than being a Reds fan. Maybe not much worse, but a little.

Last Saturday, I flew to Boston for the day and went to the World Series parade. Does anybody want to hear about how much fun I had? I can honestly say that it was the best day ever of my entire 48-year life. I had a wonderful day with my husband and 3.2 million of our closest friends. After the parade, we had lunch at the hotel where we were married (just hubby and me, not the entire 3.2 million).