Some people just don't have the Christmas spirit.

Several years ago, an international chess tournament was being held in a swank hotel in New York. Most of the major stars of the chess world were there, and after a grueling day of chess, the players and their entourages retired to the lobby of the hotel for a little refreshment. In the lobby, some players got into a heated argument about who was the brightest, the fastest, and the best chess player in the world. The argument got quite loud, as various players claimed that honor. At that point, a security guard in the lobby turned to another guard and commented, "If there's anything I just can't stand, it's chess nuts boasting in an open foyer."

...but then again, What Do I Know?

Maybe in the interest of efficiency, we could each just post the punchline from our favorite shaggy dog story:

WDIK: Its chess nuts boasting in an open foyer.

Belgarath (from a different thread): Rudolf, the red, knows rain, dear.

RCK: Its a knick knack, Paddywhack, give the dog a loan.

RCK

pax (or Blinky): what do you want the answer to be?

I'm a retirement actuary. Nothing about my comments is intended or should be construed as investment, tax, legal or accounting advice. Occasionally, but not all the time, it might be reasonable to interpret my comments as actuarial or consulting advice.