John Doe MD SC

South Carolina?

I'm a retirement actuary. Nothing about my comments is intended or should be construed as investment, tax, legal or accounting advice. Occasionally, but not all the time, it might be reasonable to interpret my comments as actuarial or consulting advice.

I guess that it would be best to ask someone who uses such initials. Might be a typo.

George D. Burns

Cost Reduction Strategies

Burns and Associates, Inc

www.costreductionstrategies.com(under construction)

www.employeebenefitsstrategies.com(under construction)

Thanks - we are in the process of asking. I was inclined to think "service corporation" myself, but that's only a guess. I did all kinds of web searches trying to find out if this was some specific type of corporate entity, but found nothing. I did, however, see this "SC" after many medical practices and a couple of law firms. (and a lot of South Carolina hits as well!)

Are they located in Illinois?

If so, the following excerpt from the Illinois "APPLICATION FOR A MEDICAL OR

PROFESSIONAL CORPORATION REGISTRATION" form may be applicable.

STATUTORY REQUIREMENTS - Medical Corporation

1. Only physicians and surgeons and chiropractors licensed under the Illinois Medical Practice Act may apply for a Medical Corporation Registration. All officers, directors and shareholders of the Medical Corporation MUST hold an active Illinois physicians and surgeons or chiropractor license.

2. The corporation name must end with the word "chartered" or "limited" or the abbreviation "Ltd." or the words "Service Corporation or the abbreviation "S.C. The Medical Corporation Registration will be issued in the same name as on the Articles of Incorporation as filed with the Illinois Secretary of State. The purpose clause must specify "medical corporation."

3. A separate application must be submitted for each corporate location in Illinois and for each d/b/a used in Illinois.

...but then again, What Do I Know?

Guest Donkey Kong

Chiropractors have the potential to be a Medical Corporation? Next you know contruction workers will be considered architects.

Aha. parlais vous francais? Here's a few possibilities I found:

SC France Société civile. Partnership with full liability.

SC Poland Spólka prawa cywilnego. Partnership with all partners having unlimited liability.

S.C. Spain sociedad en commandita. General Partnership.

I did learn that SC is not a permitted corporate ending in many U.S. States because it is not on the acceptable list.