How about a blanket Amnesty and clean slate?

Belgarath

This has probably been suggested before, but here goes.

After reading some posts in various forums, I'd like to propose Today, February 23, as a "Blanket Amnesty Day."

This means that as of today, everyone starts with a clean slate. All prior posts, indiscretions, rude or obnoxious statements, grievances, whether real OR imagined, will hereby be forgotten, forgiven, and everyone will start with a clean slate, and do their darndest to stay civil from this day forward.

I know it would make these boards more pleasant from my viewpoint. I've learned a whole lot from the discussions that take place here, and I'd like to think that we could move forward on a purely professional level without the sniping that sometimes takes place.

If this sounds too sanctimonious, I apologize - it isn't meant to be - just my humble suggestion for more positive and professional discourse. So I'm going to start today - as of right now, everyone posting on these boards is perfect, and I hope others feel the same way - if not, then as always, feel free to ignore my suggestion!

Seems to me that your proposal is unreasonable unless you'all use your real names.

I'm confused by your choice of pronoun. Don't you mean "unless we use our real names"? I'm guessing that "could be me maybe not" doesn't appear on your driver's license.

Lori Friedman

Guest ritchie

I agree; this place needs to be more pro and more fun and have less tension. Less venom and more vigor.

Now, everyone at once jump up and say "Spring is Sprung"

Remember you should always be smiling when speaking on the telephone. Do the same when on the message boards and you will make the grade.

Guest Ned Ryerson

Sure I lost weight with your Deal-a-Meal, but the lack of nutrients took my hair too! By the way, aren't you too doughy to push a diet plan?

Guest ritchie

Well that plan was designed to make you lose hair off your back. That was important to me.

So consider yourself fortunate. One dear customer claims to have grown another eye from that diet!

What about those who post links to sports-related comments?

:lol:

I'm a retirement actuary. Nothing about my comments is intended or should be construed as investment, tax, legal or accounting advice. Occasionally, but not all the time, it might be reasonable to interpret my comments as actuarial or consulting advice.

The thread that Harwood referred to was a thread regarding the Pension Answer Book vs. the ERISA Outline Book. References to the Red Sox were not germane to the topic at hand. I think Harwood is asking that only comments relevant to the specific thread be made, rather than extraneous remarks.

Guest Ned Ryerson

I would not grant amnesty to those that would not grant amnesty. Hey, that means I can't grant amnesty to myself. Aw, crap! Buy some insurance anyway. You gotta die sometime!!!

Lame, what do the Germans have to do with anything?

Guest Trot Schilling Arroyo

Neddy, The Germans gave us the Volkswagon. Haven't you sold insurance policies for hundreds of them?

Where's Blinky?

Now we know who Moe Howard 2 or Hoard2 or whoever those dastardly villains with antisocial personalities really are.

And, geez, to think I was only responding to Effen's comments. Lighten up Moe.

Andy, this world's a better place because you're here. Please keep on doing all the things that you do.

You're a very prolific contributor to vrious pension and benefit discussions. Your comments are always right on point and very helpful. Your "serious" posts outnumber your "light" posts by, I don't know, maybe 50 to 1? Please lighten up whenever you'd like. The grateful people among us do appreciate you.

Lori Friedman

Does anyone think it's interesting that a well-intended message about "blanket amnesty" and "clean slate" has generated a discussion thread with so much animosity?

Guest Ned Ryerson

I guess somebody likes irony? Stuff your irony in a sock mister! What would be really ironic is if you purchased some life insurance and lived to be 120.

Guest ritchie
Certainly wastes my time when looking for relevant information

Now, something tells me you were't smiling when you wrote that. Bad boy Dunc.

In the words of the immortal Chico Esquela, "Baseball has been very, very good to me." Pension and benefits issues, by contrast, are bottomless sources of tsuris.