Sox Nation Silent...

After a horrible start by Mr Wells... Redsox Nation is pretty silent. But then we are only 1 game back. Hope they do better today! Pedro was fabulous for the Mets... we should have forked up the $$!!! my opinion ;)

Its not easy being green

Cabrera did work well late last year... some clutch hitting in the playoffs and excellent fielding. I never understood that... letting him go. Was it a $$ thing also? The new SS looks a little rusty. Cant let the Yanks intimidate us... I wonder what is going on with the game today?

Its not easy being green

• 2 weeks later...

Is Renteria as bad a defensive player as he has looked so far, from last year's WS to yesterday? Every grounder and every routine throw is an adventure. He bounces routine cutoff throws and makes routine plays look difficult.

Nomar is once again looking like a decent defensive shortstop, by comparison. Cabrera played way above either level last year.

• 2 weeks later...

I came to your same conclusion.. but was told that he is a great SS. Theo the wonder boy has done good so far. Lets see how he turns out as the season progresses.... (I liked Cabrera !)

do I see another rivalry? Tampa Bay? Bench emptying innings and pitches thrown at peoples heads? who said baseball is boring!

Its not easy being green

Guest dsyrett

I'm going up to Boston with the family from Thurs, Aug 11 to Mon Aug 15.

Was hoping to get up to 5 Red Sox tickets for the Fri night game or Sat night game against the White Sox. Games appear to be sold out on Red Sox web site. I can get 5 reasonably good seats in Section 23 of the grand stand for $575 (!!) through one of the online broker sites.

Any Boston residents have any tips on how I might do better?

My plan B would be to show up and hope to get a better price outside of the stadium before the game. This also has the advantage of avoiding getting rained out holding $575 in rain checks (I'm from Virginia).

• 2 weeks later...

Dsyrett... there is a place online called "instant replay" or something like that. It allows season ticket holders to sell their tickets if they are not going to be around for the game. I think you need to register through the Red Sox site and is done through the Red Sox organization ( I think)... did you try that?

What is sad is that a family that is not raking in the cabbage cant afford to take their children to a baseball game. Grand Stand tickets... $75 each? Outrageous! I remember going to the game and buying grand stand tix for $6 .... and arriving the day of the game to buy them. I understand that it is a business. I guess I long for the good ol'days.

What a game last night! I watched it to the end... walk off home run by the error stricken Kevin Millar. What a finish!

Oh, and I do have to give credit to Byrnes for catching Nixon's slicer in left field... fabulous catch! That will make the the weeks highlites on all the sports channels.

ok.. back to work.

Its not easy being green

Hi H,

I've been in Tax Season Hell (I work on Form 990s, so my own big deadline is May 15th, not April 15th). I hadn't visited this message board in ages. How nice it is to return here and see that you and AndyH have been keeping the faith.

Lori Friedman

You can always try your luck purchasing off the street but the best time to do it is earlier in the day. Right before gametime will probably cost you as much as the ticket service. If all else fails (and even if it doesn't) take the family for a Fenway tour. I don't remember if this is limited to certain days but it is limited to mornings. It's pretty cheap and you get to sit in the dugouts and walk the warning track to the Green Monster!