ExecuCare Executive Reimbursement Plans

Guest benefitsnerd

I have noticed no new material in years, but I noticed that the old marketers and the old "insurance" providers have changed.

My take is that the earlier promoters came to the conclusion that the product was questionable and not worth the risk in light of the tax shelter issues/penalties which did not exist when the concept was originally introduced. When there was little liability and enforcement, the commissions were attractive.

If the writers of the Opinion Letters have questions and enough concern to repeat the caveat, I would stay away. Then there is the issue raised by lvena.

George D. Burns

Cost Reduction Strategies

Burns and Associates, Inc

www.costreductionstrategies.com(under construction)

www.employeebenefitsstrategies.com(under construction)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Exec-U-Care website contains the following:

Exec-U-Care is underwritten by The Lincoln National Life Insurance Company, 8801 Indian Hills Drive, Omaha, NE 68114.

Therefore I would be shocked if Chaz's allegation (that Principal is saying good things about the plan) were true.

The site also contains the following:

Exec-U-Care is not available to small employers in MD, MA and NJ.

Small employers are defined as any organization with fewer than 50 employees.

Exec-U-Care is not licensed in AL, CT, KS, ME, NH, NY, ND, SD, VT, WA, and WV.

Apparently they still consider the plan to be viable in 36 states. I have my doubts.

• 1 month later...
The Exec-U-Care website contains the following:

Exec-U-Care is underwritten by The Lincoln National Life Insurance Company, 8801 Indian Hills Drive, Omaha, NE 68114.

Therefore I would be shocked if Chaz's allegation (that Principal is saying good things about the plan) were true.

The site also contains the following:

Exec-U-Care is not available to small employers in MD, MA and NJ.

Small employers are defined as any organization with fewer than 50 employees.

Exec-U-Care is not licensed in AL, CT, KS, ME, NH, NY, ND, SD, VT, WA, and WV.

Apparently they still consider the plan to be viable in 36 states. I have my doubts.

As moderator I had to delete a message that had spam re: "relationship advice" in the signature tag; it was the last post but I believe I deleted the one prior by accident; if you have contributed to this string please restore your deleted message provided it is not the one offering "relationship advice" in your signature tag, thanks.