Sign in to follow this  
Tom Poje

movie quiz

hey, I just work here.

I don't watch movies that much so I could only guess 1 or 2 of them. or as you would say, WDIK. (But there is a movie nut in the office who solved them all so I have the answers) plus my brother had all but a few, so I had to give him clues

e.g. #15

The lonely sound of a buoy bell in the distance. Water

slapping against a smooth, flat surface in rhythm. The

creaking of wood.

Off in the very far distance, one can make out the sound of

sirens.

SUDDENLY, a single match ignites and invades the darkness. It

quivers for a moment. A dimly lit hand brings the rest of the

pack to the match. A plume of yellow-white flame flares and

illuminates the battered face of XXXXXXXXXXXXXX, age forty. His

salty-gray hair is wet and matted. His face drips with water

or sweat. A large cut runs the length of his face from the

corner of his eye to his chin. It bleeds freely. An un-lit

cigarette hangs in the corner of his mouth.

But if you like, I will then post quiz #2, which has a number of repeats, but what the heck.

Do you have the password to unprotect the sheet, or only have the answers?

(With a little bit of trial and error, I'm up to 32 correct, but doubt that I'll get much further.)

no, I don't have a password. I have the sheet the movie nut filled out, so I have to look at that for answers. then for my brother I looked up the movie on the internet and found some clues.

the guy in the office was stumped on one and called his friend who is also into movies. he described one picture as

'looks like Harrison Ford from the back, but he would never wear a pink shirt' and his friend suggested trying a movie with Hugh Grant. what a guess.

Don't want to open the file. Sounds like maybe the pics are downloaded from one of those DVD movie games like Scene It or Shout About Movies. I know one or both have that game.

Guest cac1134

can we have a link to forward to others? this is too cool. i got lots more than i thought i would. thanks.

ok- we are up to 48 and could use some additional clues (although the clue above has not helped us get #15, yet...)

cac1134, you can download the spreadsheet and e-mail it to others.

hey, you movie guys are gonna have to provide clues. I would have to look up the movie on google and then figure a clue. I'll let the experts provides the help.

We have 48 of the 60 movies (including #48).

Inclding #48:

PLOT:

A young man with a talent for music has begun a career with much promise. He meets an aspiring singer, Apollonia, and finds that talent alone isn't all that he needs. A complicated tale of his repeating his father's self destructive behavior, losing Apollonia to another singer (XXXXXX XXX), and his coming to grips with his own connection to other people ensues.

one of those listed as starring in the movie

Blake Lindsley as Girl with Cigar

Genre: Comedy / Drama (more)

Tagline: cocktails first. questions later

Inclding #48:

PLOT:

A young man with a talent for music has begun a career with much promise. He meets an aspiring singer, Apollonia, and finds that talent alone isn't all that he needs. A complicated tale of his repeating his father's self destructive behavior, losing Apollonia to another singer (XXXXXX XXX), and his coming to grips with his own connection to other people ensues.

Stephen- are you saying this is for # 48. I though it was something else

Yes, that is the plot for movie 48. Not that that particular plot would help much unless perhaps you knew you should party like it's 1999. (We are only missing 4,5,12,13,23, 24, and 57).

(We are only missing 4,5,12,13,23, 24, and 57).

One of the characters in number 24 was named Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg.

Otherwise I am missing the same films.

#13 --

"The narrative is simple - your basic wild Sin City weekend, fortified with enough hard and exotic drugs to kill an entire platoon of marines - but Thompson uses it as eulogy for the sixties, the last violent, pained gasp of a decade defined by violence and pain. Halfway through the film, Thompson looks out the window of his Mint Hotel suite at the unnatural glow of Las Vegas, circa 1971, and bemoans what America had lost in the last ten years: 'With the right kind of eyes, you can almost see the high-water mark - the place where the wave broke and rolled back.'"

Trivia: XXXXXXXXXXX did not learn the lyrics to "Bohemian Rhapsody" prior to filming the scene where everyone is singing along to it, and was reportedly displeased with the take of that scene used in the film because he was obviously not singing, just moving his mouth in vague relation to the lyrics

This thing spoofs everything, Beach Boy's songs, spy pictures, war movies, westerns, and even Elvis is not safe. It's ridiculous, outrageous, hilarious, and all in the name of good fun. The spit gag has to be my favorite bit. You've seen it in countless movies: the hero is being verbally accosted by the villain and he spits in his face. This time, however, the hero is on the other side of the room. Other memorable jokes include the skeet songs, the anal intruder, the "cow" scenes, and the backwards bit with XXXXXXXXXX.

Genre: Drama / Comedy (more)

Tagline: Growing up has nothing to do with age.

Genre: Comedy / Drama / Romance (more)

Tagline: It's Monday morning, So and so has woken up with a headache, a hangover and her boss

hopefully that will be it????

Guest KBuehler

Any hints for 29, 39, 52, 53, 59 would be appreciated. . .

#29 is a Billy Bob Thronton movie

#39 An ensemble comedy about five guys, all in their twenties, all coping with the mysteries of life and women, and is set in the back streets and sometimes hidden clubs of Hollywood. It's a story told in the language of the cocktail nation, a growing twentysomething retro-Swing dance movement that's taken Hollywood by storm and is beginning to sweep the nation. Mike is down in the dumps because he left his girlfriend behind in New York when he came to Hollywood to seek his acting fortune. Instead, he's found loneliness and the blues. Now, after six months of dealing with Mike, his buddy Trent and the other swingers have had enough. It's time to bring Mike back to life.

#52 Tagline: This Christmas, Santa's Got A Brand New Bag

#53 Tagline: 3% Body Fat. 1% Brain Activity.

Plot Outline: At the end of his career, a clueless fashion model is brainwashed to kill the Prime Minister of Malaysia.

#59 Plot Outline: A star bowler whose career was prematurely "cut off" hopes to ride a new prodigy to success and riches.