Sign in to follow this  
jevd

New Look

Hey Dave,

I take a day off and everything changes.

New Look. New Name.

Looks good.

Benefits Buzz changed to Benefits in the news.

Link to message boards last 24 hrs on Right instead of top.

Additional Links on Top

Have I been in the Twilight Zone??

Oooh on the main BenefitsLink site. I rarely look at that, I just come straight to the forum, so I thought you meant here. :)

Although the boards are a primary source of information, Dave puts a lot of effort into the main page to provide up to date information on the current goings on in the industry. Its my first stop generally and then the boards.

Thanks Dave for your continuing efforts to keep us all informed.

E as in ERISA:

I prefer the new location. You know what they say about one man's meat being another man's poison.

jevd:

In addition to the points you raised, I want to personally commend Dave's efforts in pasting useful computer tidbits on BenefitsLink from time to time.

My only wish is that there was a spell-checker feature that corrected all messages before they could be posted, but based on conversations I had with Dave, there are some significant technical problems preventing that.

While I agree with Kirk's desire for a spell-check feature, there may be other ways in which we would like to see messages "corrected" before posting.

:D

My only wish is that there was a spell-checker feature that corrected all messages before they could be posted, but based on conversations I had with Dave, there are some significant technical problems preventing that.

I usually type the text in Word –for the spellchecker feature- then copy and paste to the board. I do that with my e-mails as well---except for AOL, which doe shave a spellchecker

I guess that shots my theory... :o

That should be does have, just bring the s over No Name.

Obviously spell checker does not help when you use the wrong words that are spelled right

That’s OK- I though you were just being funny as usual – no offence taken.

The Avitar is my son...as someone pointed out, he is older now ( 3 –years old as opposed to the 6-months old picture I had for the Avitar). I have been trying to upload a new picture, but finally gave up as the files did not satisfy the requirements to be uploaded .

I've seen corporate websites where the principals were all shown as grade-schoolers. Your kid is cute, BTW. Put him back up until another option is found!

I think that it is funny that the utility of a spell-checking function is demonstrated by the messages posted after mine; the correct spelling is "avatar" not "avitar."

That is a minor typo and only one typo in each of the posts, but I've seen posts that were full of typos. Those are the ones that I object to.

Going back to the "doe shave" topic, I recall that one ancient language didn't use spaces between the words, so translating it was a mess. There were some ancient scriptures of some religious import that some scholars were working on. The example that they gave of the complexities caused by the lack of spacing between words was illustrated by the following sentence:

Godisnowhere.

Is the correct interpretation?

God is now here; or

God is no where?

I'd bet that Dave isn't done fiddling with the new boards. I noticed that ( c ) (without the spaces) changes to © again.

BTW, where is everyone at...haven't seen many new posts since the boards came back up.

I was unable to log-in and had to request that my password be sent to my e-mail address. Maybe they are unable to log-in?

Denise

I think we all did. Something hijacked the boards over the weekend.