happy halloween

Guest lhinson

Wow. That made my miserable day.

Just wondering. I am taking Spiderman and Batman trick or treating tonight. Anyone else have some kids that were more inventive than that?

Anyone want to own up to planning on raiding their kid's treats after they go to bed?

Anyone dress up for work today?

Anyone else a Packer fan?

Guest yukon

Wait Tom.

Didn't you declare in a previous post that you had never in your life come close to being intoxicated?

It appears from this picture, that you may have had a couple 12-packs for breakfast.

:blink:

Tom also claimed to have never fooled around. I think that picture...oh nevermind...

As far as the other questions...

I will be taking Darth Vader and Belle.

I've already raided the candy WE were going to hand out tonight.

I wore a suit (dress up?) to work today.

Football doesn't start until Thanksgiving.

to Mary C:

I think that you are operating under a common misconception. Your children are only vested in their candy to the extent that they are awake. Falling asleep is similar to a break in service . . . .

Make an effort to enjoy these days. My daughter is at the U of Wisconsin Madison, nationally known as the home of Halloween riots, tear gas and lots of mounted police.

Guest lhinson

I also invoked the "sleep" clause and scored a couple of little candy bars from my son. Between Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's Day and Easter, my son will amass enough candy and small toys to open a store, so he will probably never notice.

RCK: Are you from Wisconsin? Are you a Packer fan? I am desparately seeking anyone who will own up to it these days! My whole family pretty much went through the U of W system, too.

Guest beccafaith

I took Mulan out for Halloween, who politely informed me when it was done, "huh I'm through with Mulan and that is final." (as she folded her arms over her chest and pouted). The rest of the story is about 24 hours prior to Halloween, she politely informed me she wasn't happy with her choice and to take the costume back and get her something different. I informed her The Disney Store wouldn't take it back because, a) it was on sale, b) she had already played in it.

Raises hand.............stole several pieces of candy.

Raises hand again............yes I am a packers fan.

My son had it made for Halloween. We did trunk or treat at our church. He went as train engineer. I pushed him from car to car on a little Thomas the Tank Engine thing he has & Mommy held his bag & collected the candy. He had to do nothing but clap, smile & blow an occasional kiss. Of course, he is only 17 months so I get to enjoy most of his candy.

to lhinson:

NO!

My daughter was raised as Gopher and Vikings fan (when that was OK). So when I dropped her off in Madison,

I said, "You know you're going to have to be a Badger fan" .. .

"I know that, Dad."

"and you're going to get some pressure to cheer for the Packers"

"No, Dad, I do have some standards!"

I took two witches and a green fairy out trick or treating. I proudly sported my #4 Brett Favre jersey. I love the Packers and always will (however, they may as well take this season and flush it down pmacduff's "water closet"!)

One of my daughters is allergic to nuts so I dutifully ate all of the snickers collected this year plus all of those left over after the neighborhoods goblins and ghouls raided our house. Just doing my part to keep my kid safe!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest lhinson

To beccafaith and TBob: thank you for the company in miserable Packer fandom!!

RCK: We have an interesting situation in our house, being that my husband is a die hard Vikings fan!

Still eating Halloween Candy.

You guys see that great sign at the Packers/Vikings game? I think it was something like:

"My 9-year old son is a Vikings fan. Needs new home." or something like that. Kid was a real cute 9 year old.

Family looked like it was enjoying the game (the Vikings hadn't yet completed their dominating and game-changing drive.)

Great sign.

mike