Sign in to follow this  
Tom Poje

question of the day

Why keep putting your feet in your mouths?

In this context wouldn't it be more appropriate to ask "Why keep putting your foot in your mouths?"

I did struggle with the wording, no doubt.

If two or more people each put one foot in their respective mouths, they are putting feet in their mouths.

As I see it, there is no way for one foot to go into two mouths, at least the entire foot.

I stand by my original posting.

Either one foot in one mouth, or feet into mouths.

Don Levit

Don:

What impresses me is coming up with a line on this topic better than what I've posted; not a comment that you don't appreciate my sense of humor. Anybody can critique, but few people can perform. Let's see if you can top my line.

If you can't top my line, then I suggest you cease criticizing my sense of humor. It makes you look pitiful.

Why would you care if we are posting something that you don't think is funny or appropriate, other than the fact that you know that you couldn't duplicate what I did, which was to come up with something extemporaneous that was right on point and funny (to some people). You were jealous because I did something that you knew you couldn't do, so you took a cheap shot at me.

Flaunting your insecurities on the Message Boards doesn't paint a very flattering picture of you.

That reminds me of my favorite line from Mark Twain: It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

Kurt, If my vote counts for anything, I love your wit and sense of humor...at this thread, and always.

These jokes take me back to my childhood, and a warped one it was. However, if we are going to be politically incorrect, we might as well take it all the way. In follow-up to Kirk's question:

What is the most common name of the one legged women who work at the Tokyo IHOP?

Irene

I did struggle with the wording, no doubt.

If two or more people each put one foot in their respective mouths, they are putting feet in their mouths.

As I see it, there is no way for one foot to go into two mouths, at least the entire foot.

I stand by my original posting.

Either one foot in one mouth, or feet into mouths.

Don Levit

It seems to me that it is precisely the incorrect syntax used in my post that promotes the attempt (as lame as it may be) at humor.

Instead of Bob, how about "Stew"?

... and the guy on the porch?

... or on the wall?

And what about the dog?

I don't know about you guys, but, according to my wife and assocites, the only time I open my mouth is to change feet.

Not being a member of the MEGA SOCIETY like my friend KLAATU the 412(i) salesman, I don't get Chip & Co's comments yet, although E as in ERISA did help me a bit, but I do second Lori's comments.

Not being a member of the MEGA SOCIETY

Do you mean MENSA, that organization of would-be geniuses?

How about you and I form DENSA, the organization for the rest of us?