If you are offended by irreverent humor, please stop reading now.

While drinking a 1977 Taylor-Fladgate Port, I saw God last night. I have determined that it is only possible to see God while drinking a vintage Port from a great year.

For those of you who haven't had the good fortune to experience this, let me describe Him to you.

He's apparently in His mid-50's, with a short, grizzled beard. He wears sandals, faded and comfortable looking blue jeans, and a fisherman's hat festooned with corkscrews. He also wears a Taylor-Fladgate T-shirt that on the front says, "Starboard, Hell - head to the Port!" and on the back says," A Port in any storm."

He also has the best looking wife I've ever seen - mid-30's, 5'-10"; glorious red hair; long, beautiful legs in REALLY short cut-off jean shorts, and a skin tight Hooters T-shirt. Sort of a taller Marilu Henner type.

I've seen Jesus through an occasional Rhone, Zinfandel, and on one notable occasion through the last of several brandy snifters of The Macallan 18 year old Scotch, but if you want to see God, you've got to drink the good port!

Yes, it was a 1977 Taylor-Fladgate port! Opened it for our 25th wedding anniversary - bought a bottle while just out of college back in 1981, (and almost completely broke,) and stuck it in the cellar. Wish I could have bought more...as I recall it was around $30.00, which was a lot of money back then. But we had a very few dollars left over from wedding presents, and said, "what the heck." Good choice.