Academy Awards

I will sleep better knowing that the IRS has addressed this very important topic:

http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=161151,00.html

I'm a retirement actuary. Nothing about my comments is intended or should be construed as investment, tax, legal or accounting advice. Occasionally, but not all the time, it might be reasonable to interpret my comments as actuarial or consulting advice.

I also admit to being a 'collector'. However, since it all goes to the staff who are unable to attend the conference, it is only items that they would have collected had they been there.

It also reduces what the vendors must carry back and so is a benefit to them. It also makes it look like they have had a significant number of visitors so they will come back next year.

I also admit to being a 'collector'. However, since it all goes to the staff who are unable to attend the conference, it is only items that they would have collected had they been there.

It also reduces what the vendors must carry back and so is a benefit to them. It also makes it look like they have had a significant number of visitors so they will come back next year.

So the vendors are probably mad at me for not taking any of their stuff....After spending a week in Vegas, the last thing I wanted to do was haul more stuff back than I left with. The binder is bad enough! I have to admit that bag would have been nice though...I got in late on Monday though and already felt like the last guy chosen in kickball...the shame of being told that there were no more bags would have been too much for my fragile ego.

• 2 weeks later...

Fortunately, my entertainment industry clients will have no difficulty with the newly announced tax enforcement concerning gift bags.

They are so used to getting rid of bags under their eyes, they will have no reservations about returning to the surgeon's office to remove the gift bags under their arms.