Strangest picture received in an email from the ASU Alumni Association

SteveH

So this year is my ten year reunion from Arizona State University. I received an email from the alumni association inviting me to the home coming football game, some mixers, tours, yadda yadda yadda. The email was normal except for the picture they used in the email. It is the most bizzare thing I have ever seen. I actually called the alumni association and asked if their server had been broken into and my email address had been stolen.

post-15189-1158175922_thumb.jpg

Not only does the caption seem to imply that the festivities at the reunion are clothing optional, but the people in the picture are ridiculous. This is my ten year reunion so the email went out to people in their early to mid thirties. The "kids" on the picture look like they are maybe 20 and I swear it looks like they are all flashing gang signs. Even the guy that looks like his arms are crossed has his ring finger down in an inconspicuous gang sign. Maybe when we were 21 a naked reunion might have been fun, now though, no thanks.

I had to share this somewhere, I am still in shock over it.

Don't worry though, the alumni association explained to me that the picture was sent on purpose and that my personal infomration had not been stolen.

I can't decide if the Alumni Association thinks this is what their grads looked like when they graduated, or what they look like now. In either case, I'm glad my daughter is at U Wisconsin Madison.

Well I did call ASU on it. I think this would make more sense if I was a graduate from the class of 1976 or something. Oriecat is right, the intention was to have people dressed in the types of clothes people wore during that generation and telling them to not bring those to the reunion. So bellbottom pants and flower shirts from the 1976 picture would probably have been more obvious.

Although I have to say I don't think I ever dressed anything like that. It looks like stuff kids wear today not 10 years ago. Not sure why they included the gang signs. I am still chuckling.

I spent all my time on the West Campus which was only 3rd and 4th year students. Most were returning students. I graduated at 21 and i am pretty confident I was the youngest ever from that campus.

A quick, funny side note. I was taking sumer school before my final semester of college so that I would graduate after the December semester. I don't remember the name of the class I was taking, but the teacher had us go watch that Susan Sarandon movie, Dead Man Walking, at the movie theater. Then he wanted to have the class meet at Padre Murphy's which was right across the street to discuss the movie. I had to raise my hand and explain that I wasn't old enough to get into Padre Murphy's. I guess since this was a 400 level course and the campus was almost all returning students that it was just assumed everyone would be over 21. I was about a month short. It was kind of embarassing and the instructor was a little caught off guard. So because of me we had to just loiter outside the movie theater and discuss the movie.