Benefits Dept Certifications

Guest Joe D

Does anyone know of any certification or award programs for employee benefit depts. I am talking about an award or certification for the program or a portion of the program itself, not for individuals. I work for a company that is program/process award crazy and I thought something like that would be a help to our department. Thanks.

Sorry, never heard of anything like this. But, you could probably put something together that would make sense for your department. I have been in companies like this and have seen the HR or Benefits department develop programs to meet the needs of your supervisors/managers.

It sounds like your department is responsible for the benefits within your company. If that is the case, you could do a variety of things. Just spit-balling off the to of my head, I am thinking about the following. 1. on the individual level you could develop awards and incentives for employees to obtain professional designations (CEBS, LUTC, HR designations, etc.) 2. Ask the employees of your company to grade your department on a variety of things, such as value of each benefit offered, how well they are communicated, the customer service your department delivers, etc. Once a base line of scores is developed, you could create improvement plans and goals. Over the years you can develop a scorecard. These are just suggestions, but you could do something like this very easily.