Sign in to follow this  
Guest mdship

Trying to get a job in the DC market after a 5 years absence

Guest mdship

What does it take to get back into the field? Earlier in my career I worked for major companies in the Boston area (Putnam, State Street and Boston Financial) About 5 years ago I had to leave my job to tend to a family business crisis.

During that time I was still working on attaining the CEBS certification. This year I finally sold the family business to return the Defined Contribution field. I received the CEBS designation and have been trying to get a job. I found out that because of not being in the business for 5 years hiring managers don't want hire someone that does not have recent experience. I can't believe that companies don't want to hire an experienced employee with incredable skills.

I am willing to relocate to the North Carolina area. I even looked into Texas. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm even willing to take a step back to move forward.

Guest msprice

Exactly what position are you looking (pension administrator, consultant, etc)? Are you familiar with Relius Software? Where are you currently located?

Guest mdship
Exactly what position are you looking (pension administrator, consultant, etc)? Are you familiar with Relius Software? Where are you currently located?

I've worked as a pension administrator in the past. I also worked implementation and conversions. I am familiar with Relius. I am currently located in MA but am looking to relocate to North Carolina or Texas. I would be open to other areas.