Benefits as a Percentage of Payroll

I am looking for benchmark data for total benefits as a percentage of payroll. Can someone suggest where to look or a survey that we can participate in for this information. Historically we have used data from Hay but we are looking for a new or additional source. Thanks.

Perhaps the DOL website or the Bureau of Labor Statistics?

I'm a retirement actuary. Nothing about my comments is intended or should be construed as investment, tax, legal or accounting advice. Occasionally, but not all the time, it might be reasonable to interpret my comments as actuarial or consulting advice.

• 2 weeks later...

EBRI has some data, although I can't find the piece I remember from early last year. Here is close - http://www.ebri.org/publications/facts/ Then select the article Finances of Employee Benefits, 1960-2003, February 2005 There was another one that had a chart and was morre current with 2005 data, but I don't remember where on their site.

If you found some links, I (and many other readers) would appreciate seeing them in a post.

I'm a retirement actuary. Nothing about my comments is intended or should be construed as investment, tax, legal or accounting advice. Occasionally, but not all the time, it might be reasonable to interpret my comments as actuarial or consulting advice.

• 2 months later...